Clicks not registered in the correct position

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP
up vote
3
down vote
favorite
I'm having problems pinpointing the reason for this issue.
I'm on Linux Mint with Cinnamon. Although the following happens only in Spotify, I have some other small issues that might have the same cause (e.g. Context menus and dropboxs opening in wrong screen).
I have Spotify open in one workspace. When I change to another worspace and back, Spotify starts to register click events incorrectly. More exactly, Spotify assumes the cursor is about one cm above where it really is. If I drag the window (with Alt+drag, or by clicking slightly under the apparent location of the title bar), the window will span to it's actual position and everything will work fine once more. Changing workspaces multiple times does not worsen the problem but the issue arises consistently when changing workspace.
Edit:
- Tested with XFCE instead of cinnamon and it doesn't show the same issue.
- My laptop has a NVIDIA GM108M and an Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics Card.
- Switching to non-hardware-accelerated cinnamon also prevents the problem, while disabling all animations et al.
- Switching to noveuau drivers did not help.
- Using the Intel integrated graphics card did not help
linux-mint cinnamon
|
show 2 more comments
up vote
3
down vote
favorite
I'm having problems pinpointing the reason for this issue.
I'm on Linux Mint with Cinnamon. Although the following happens only in Spotify, I have some other small issues that might have the same cause (e.g. Context menus and dropboxs opening in wrong screen).
I have Spotify open in one workspace. When I change to another worspace and back, Spotify starts to register click events incorrectly. More exactly, Spotify assumes the cursor is about one cm above where it really is. If I drag the window (with Alt+drag, or by clicking slightly under the apparent location of the title bar), the window will span to it's actual position and everything will work fine once more. Changing workspaces multiple times does not worsen the problem but the issue arises consistently when changing workspace.
Edit:
- Tested with XFCE instead of cinnamon and it doesn't show the same issue.
- My laptop has a NVIDIA GM108M and an Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics Card.
- Switching to non-hardware-accelerated cinnamon also prevents the problem, while disabling all animations et al.
- Switching to noveuau drivers did not help.
- Using the Intel integrated graphics card did not help
linux-mint cinnamon
To help pinpoint the issue, is it still a problem in a different window manager/desktop environment, like Xfce?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:14
Installed xfce4 to test that, and it doesn't happen. Seems to be exclusive to cinnamon.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:52
Do you happen to use the AMD Catalyst kernel module for your graphics card?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:55
No, it's Geforce powered.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:58
I would say this is likely to be either a problem with the graphics card driver, or Cinnamon itself. Does toggling the option for hardware mouse cursor innvidia-settingschange anything? (may require restarting X) Does using thenouveauorvesadriver for X instead ofnvidiachange anyhing?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 13:01
|
show 2 more comments
up vote
3
down vote
favorite
up vote
3
down vote
favorite
I'm having problems pinpointing the reason for this issue.
I'm on Linux Mint with Cinnamon. Although the following happens only in Spotify, I have some other small issues that might have the same cause (e.g. Context menus and dropboxs opening in wrong screen).
I have Spotify open in one workspace. When I change to another worspace and back, Spotify starts to register click events incorrectly. More exactly, Spotify assumes the cursor is about one cm above where it really is. If I drag the window (with Alt+drag, or by clicking slightly under the apparent location of the title bar), the window will span to it's actual position and everything will work fine once more. Changing workspaces multiple times does not worsen the problem but the issue arises consistently when changing workspace.
Edit:
- Tested with XFCE instead of cinnamon and it doesn't show the same issue.
- My laptop has a NVIDIA GM108M and an Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics Card.
- Switching to non-hardware-accelerated cinnamon also prevents the problem, while disabling all animations et al.
- Switching to noveuau drivers did not help.
- Using the Intel integrated graphics card did not help
linux-mint cinnamon
I'm having problems pinpointing the reason for this issue.
I'm on Linux Mint with Cinnamon. Although the following happens only in Spotify, I have some other small issues that might have the same cause (e.g. Context menus and dropboxs opening in wrong screen).
I have Spotify open in one workspace. When I change to another worspace and back, Spotify starts to register click events incorrectly. More exactly, Spotify assumes the cursor is about one cm above where it really is. If I drag the window (with Alt+drag, or by clicking slightly under the apparent location of the title bar), the window will span to it's actual position and everything will work fine once more. Changing workspaces multiple times does not worsen the problem but the issue arises consistently when changing workspace.
Edit:
- Tested with XFCE instead of cinnamon and it doesn't show the same issue.
- My laptop has a NVIDIA GM108M and an Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics Card.
- Switching to non-hardware-accelerated cinnamon also prevents the problem, while disabling all animations et al.
- Switching to noveuau drivers did not help.
- Using the Intel integrated graphics card did not help
linux-mint cinnamon
linux-mint cinnamon
edited Nov 26 at 0:38
Rui F Ribeiro
38.3k1477127
38.3k1477127
asked Oct 1 '15 at 13:06
ecc
715
715
To help pinpoint the issue, is it still a problem in a different window manager/desktop environment, like Xfce?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:14
Installed xfce4 to test that, and it doesn't happen. Seems to be exclusive to cinnamon.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:52
Do you happen to use the AMD Catalyst kernel module for your graphics card?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:55
No, it's Geforce powered.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:58
I would say this is likely to be either a problem with the graphics card driver, or Cinnamon itself. Does toggling the option for hardware mouse cursor innvidia-settingschange anything? (may require restarting X) Does using thenouveauorvesadriver for X instead ofnvidiachange anyhing?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 13:01
|
show 2 more comments
To help pinpoint the issue, is it still a problem in a different window manager/desktop environment, like Xfce?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:14
Installed xfce4 to test that, and it doesn't happen. Seems to be exclusive to cinnamon.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:52
Do you happen to use the AMD Catalyst kernel module for your graphics card?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:55
No, it's Geforce powered.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:58
I would say this is likely to be either a problem with the graphics card driver, or Cinnamon itself. Does toggling the option for hardware mouse cursor innvidia-settingschange anything? (may require restarting X) Does using thenouveauorvesadriver for X instead ofnvidiachange anyhing?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 13:01
To help pinpoint the issue, is it still a problem in a different window manager/desktop environment, like Xfce?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:14
To help pinpoint the issue, is it still a problem in a different window manager/desktop environment, like Xfce?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:14
Installed xfce4 to test that, and it doesn't happen. Seems to be exclusive to cinnamon.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:52
Installed xfce4 to test that, and it doesn't happen. Seems to be exclusive to cinnamon.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:52
Do you happen to use the AMD Catalyst kernel module for your graphics card?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:55
Do you happen to use the AMD Catalyst kernel module for your graphics card?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:55
No, it's Geforce powered.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:58
No, it's Geforce powered.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:58
I would say this is likely to be either a problem with the graphics card driver, or Cinnamon itself. Does toggling the option for hardware mouse cursor in
nvidia-settings change anything? (may require restarting X) Does using the nouveau or vesa driver for X instead of nvidia change anyhing?– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 13:01
I would say this is likely to be either a problem with the graphics card driver, or Cinnamon itself. Does toggling the option for hardware mouse cursor in
nvidia-settings change anything? (may require restarting X) Does using the nouveau or vesa driver for X instead of nvidia change anyhing?– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 13:01
|
show 2 more comments
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.
Please pay close attention to the following guidance:
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f233270%2fclicks-not-registered-in-the-correct-position%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
To help pinpoint the issue, is it still a problem in a different window manager/desktop environment, like Xfce?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:14
Installed xfce4 to test that, and it doesn't happen. Seems to be exclusive to cinnamon.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:52
Do you happen to use the AMD Catalyst kernel module for your graphics card?
– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 12:55
No, it's Geforce powered.
– ecc
Oct 22 '15 at 12:58
I would say this is likely to be either a problem with the graphics card driver, or Cinnamon itself. Does toggling the option for hardware mouse cursor in
nvidia-settingschange anything? (may require restarting X) Does using thenouveauorvesadriver for X instead ofnvidiachange anyhing?– Alexander
Oct 22 '15 at 13:01