How to enable ICMP ping requests on EC2 instances. No more “Request Timed Out”




I, recently, switched to the EC2 virtual instance. I wanted to check if the website is online. As usual I used the “ping” command. I thought my server was down (kinda freaked out) but the website on the browser was working fine.


All I needed to do was to enable the ICMP requests:


1) Log into AWS account.
2) Click on “Security Groups”. Choose the required security group.
3) Click on the “Inbound” tab.


Create a new rule: Custom ICMP rule
Type: Echo request
Source: 0.0.0.0/0


0.0.0.0 will allow everyone to ping your server. You can specify your own addresses if you want.


That’s it.







Popular posts from this blog

How to check contact read email or not when send email to Individual?

Bahrain

Postfix configuration issue with fips on centos 7; mailgun relay